Fashion Forward Dubai '14: Day 1



Keys in hand, already running late, quick picture time before I head off for the first time to Fashion Forward Dubai. It was exciting getting to experience the Dubai fashion scene for the first time. I was pleasantly surprised at how daring and outlandish individuals were willing to go with their looks and outfits. It further diminished the inaccurate view that many individuals have of Dubai as being overly conservative and restrictive.

I decided to wear one of my designs for the night, I mean it is a fashion event after all, gotta show off what you got. I designed this top as part of another outfit for my friends wedding. It was a struggle finding a way to pair the top with my other clothing. I learnt that the best thing to do for busy pieces such as this top, is to pair them with simple black and white pieces. 

Outfit Details
Top: Designed by me
Trousers: Pierre Cardin (Sale), 40Dhs
Shoes: Zara (Sale), 150Dhs
Watch: Aldo Accesories, 100Dhs
Earrings: TopShop, 50Dhs
Bag: Zara, gift
Belt: Primark, 20 Dhs






Pictures from the night:








I had the pleasure of watching Maral's ready to wear runway show. The pieces were beautiful and elegant. Check out her website for more info on the designer. 
http://www.maralyazarloo.com/





Outfit Details
Top: Designed by me
Trousers: Pierre Cardin (Sale), 40Dhs
Shoes: Zara (Sale), 150Dhs
Watch: Aldo Accesories, 100Dhs
Earrings: TopShop, 50Dhs
Bag: Zara, gift
Belt: Primark, 20 Dhs
Total: 360 Dhs



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

Twitter

Facebook