The Vinegar Solution


Todays post is slightly different and slightly embarrassing. Its different because its all about home remedies and fixes. Its embarrassing cause the state of my shoes are abysmal. One of the other things I like aside from fashion, is finding home remedies and home beauty tips. I like using them because they are as natural as you get and it limits the amount of chemicals you put on your body. One of which I recently found and tried is vinegar. I used a vinegar mixture as a heels cleaner and face toner. Who knew?

I started off with mixing 20ml of water with 20ml of vinegar in an empty spray bottle. 


After creating the mix it was ready for use. I got a small towel and dampened it with water for the process of cleaning the heels.


Yes....those are my shoes *cover eyes*. In my defense I had worn them on a grass field, where I walked barefoot and then put them back on. Lesson learnt, do not do that. So to fix this situation I sprayed the vinegar solution on my heels and wiped off the dirt until it was clean. I used a bit of soap for the tougher stains but avoided it as much as I could because of damaging the insole of the heel. 
*This works for leather/faux leather type of shoes.


Here's a comparison of one I had cleaned and one I hadn't. Definitely starting to see some changes. 

AND... BAM!! .... back to normal.

 I also fixed the label, with a little help from super glue. 


Here's another example:

As seen this solution worked wonders in cleaning my abysmal heels. The other great thing about this solution is that you can also use it as a face toner. Spray it onto a face cotton and wipe your face with it. Do so after you have cleansed your face with a thorough face wash. Make sure to moisturize your face after. I gave it a go and have been using it for the past 3 weeks. Here is a little before and after: 


I have found using the solution as a toner to be very helpful. Ive noticed some minor changes in my face but most of all I am enjoying the extra cleansing it provides. I would keep using it just because I like using natural products where I can. Make sure to keep the cotton away from your eyes when you try it. Although, what I have noticed works best for my face is plenty of sleep, washing twice a day and drinking plenty of water. Those will have the greatest impact. 

Here are some other uses for Vinegar:

Hope this post was helpful and let me know if there is something you would like me to try. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

Twitter

Facebook