New Beginnings

Hey yall!

Its been a while since i've posted anything and I promise, I have a good reason! I've recently moved back, or rather moved to Kenya, to try and start up my own business. The move, transition and settling process has kept me very busy, hence the lack of posts. Different people have asked me to blog and share my experiences, so I have decided to diversify my posts a little and not only share my fashion tips, but also my journey and experiences in Kenya with starting up a business. 

There's so much to share, so much i've experienced and dealt with, but ill keep this post straight to the point about my move, settling in and why I made this decision.  I moved here 'officially' about 2 months ago, and although I am from here, its been a huge culture shock, which ill share more about in later posts. 

After graduating university I was really unsure about what career I wanted to go into. Although I was certain about one thing. I did not want to work in a large corporate. After doing internships in large corporations such as Citibank and MetLife Alico, I learnt that the corporate world was not for me. So, naturally, ofcourse, I thought why not start a business? I had an idea, I had the support of my family, and no idea what I was doing. I have willingly thrown myself into an ocean and decided to learn how to swim. Im learning everything as I go along and I know my parents have been highly amused by the silly and obvious questions I have asked them. Its been a tough, challenging and emotionally draining learning curve, but I guess its the best way to learn, right? 

Living in Kenya is a whole other ball game. Being here alone, away from family, no car, using public transport, power cuts, horrible customer service and so many other things, has been tough. Like moving to any new city, there's the whole process of meeting people and making new friends. Its so different to University, where you have classes, societies, socials events, student halls, among many other platforms, to meet people. Its not as easy in the real world, but I got say getting plugged into a good church here has helped and so has reconnecting with some old friends. I think thats enough text for now. Thought I would end it with a lil selfie of me from yesterday. 


Bad hair days are still a real issue, so the turbans aren't going anywhere. I hope to be posting a little more often from here on forward. Have a great week! 

Love Sharon :)




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

Twitter

Facebook