DIY: Spoons Frame

Tons of free time and the recent introduction to Pinterest led me to create today's post. There are so many cool DIY ideas on Pinterest, which are so doable yet look somehow look abstract and complicated to do. I decided to give it a go nonetheless. I made this mirror frame from plastic spoons, awesome right? Simple, easy and looks good. 


First things first, I needed to get all the components to make this frame possible.(the following locations are in Dubai, U.A.E). I got:
  1. Card board - 5Dhs
    1. from Union Coop
  2. 3 Packs of plastic spoons - 10Dhs
    1. from Union Coop
  3. Card board Knife Cutter - 7Dhs
    1. from Daiso (Al-Barsha Mall)
  4. Mirror -7Dhs
    1. from Daiso (Al-Barsha Mall)
  5. Glue Gun - 25Dhs 
    1. from Naif Deira, somewhere not to far from the Gold Souq
  6. Spray Paint (not pictured) - 80Dhs 
    1. from ACE Hardware Dubai
Total: 135Dhs




I skipped a few steps with my pictures. 
  1. I measured the circumference of the mirrors face by tracing it on to the card board, I then draw another slightly smaller circle within the one I had traced to ensure the frame of the mirror is covered.
  2. I measured roughly 15cm from the circle I first traced and drew another big circle with the help of a compass.
  3. I cut out the outermost and innermost circle. Once I did this, I group of the ends of the spoon by hand and filed down the rough ends with some sand paper I found in the house. You don't need to do this for all the spoons, just for the few that will be visible in the first row.
  4. I heated up the glue gun once I had finished breaking all the spoons and began glowing them one by one from the inner row to the outer.  


Once it was all done it was time to spray paint! 



After letting dry for about an hour, just to be on the safe side. I heated up the glue gun once again and stuck the mirror on to the back of the card board and voila!

The Final Product!


I gave it a place in my room! :)



My inspiration :http://www.lovethispic.com/image/41071/diy-mirror-from-plastic-spoons




2 comments:

  1. This is so awesome! I would love to make one (actually buy one) in gold! Seriously this is so cute. Although I lack the patience for things like this!

    Denise
    www.fashionloveletters.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny that you mentioned gold, cause my next venture is making it in gold! Thanks hun! :) x

      Delete

 

Instagram Photostream

Twitter

Facebook